Monday, March 23, 2015

Shell Eco Marathon Asia 2015 – Manila: A Volunteer for Five Days

 

A Volunteer for a day, for five days.

Five years ago, Shell introduces Eco-marathon to Asia, it’s a unique competition that challenges students to design, build and drive the most energy-efficient car. It first started in Malaysia and for 2 years now in The Philippines.  

Being one of the biggest events the company will stage this year, Shell calls for volunteers that will perform different functions during the event such as Technical team, Production, Shell Ambassador, and Safety and Security. I applied and make it to the cut, a few weeks later they send out each volunteer’s responsibility, as for me I’ll be a Shell Ambassador and will be the focal person for PUP, NU and SLSU.

My five days volunteering stint at the Shell Eco Marathon Asia was light, very informative, fun and brings back “thesis day” memories. Aside from that you get meet colleagues from different Shell Philippines entities as well as different parts of Asia, Australia and Africa.


During my down time I sneak and bring out my camera to take some photos during the event and try to capture what Shell Eco Marathon Asia 2015 feels like. 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...