Thursday, October 2, 2014

First Timers in Bangkok, Thailand


It was the scariest flight I ever had for the last five years; the turbulence and rains was so strong when the plane entered Thai Air space and the sudden jolt woke me up from slumber. I’m hearing some female passengers screaming but my seatmate caught my attention, she was holding my arms so tight it hurts. I held her hand and ask her to trust the pilot and that everything will be alright (while saying these words I’m also convincing myself of the same thing).





An hour later, the almost 200 plus passengers of CebuPac are safely lining up at the Immigration for their stamps. It seems that most of them have already forgotten what happened mid-air and that’s my queue to do the same.

Silom Street is where our hostel is located; it’s the street parallel to the red light district Patpong and an hour away from the famous Khao San road where most backpackers stay. Bangkok was our first destination to our 6 day Indochina trip and considered by many as the starting point of Banana pancake trail.





















To start our temple hopping in Bangkok, we have an option to hire a taxi or hop on one of the water taxies that crosses Chao Phraya River for us to get to the city center. Of course we choose the latter as this kind of transportation will save us time and money. For first timers like us, temple hopping is on top of our list to experience some Thai culture, although this can be tiring and so enough you’ll find yourself temple out so we suggest visiting two temples at a time then doing something different before heading to your next temple of choice. Just remember to follow the dress code to have a hassle free temple visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...